Some parish precautions regarding COVID-19 Coronavirus, in response to diocesan recommendations:
– The obligation to attend Mass does not apply to anyone who is sick. Parishioners who are ill (even if symptoms are mild) are asked not to attend.
– The sign of peace will be suspended until this risk is over.
– The Holy Water fonts will be empty during this time of risk. There are canisters with Holy Water in St Joseph’s Church, Kinvara, and Ballinderreen Church, so if you wish, you are welcome to bring home your own Holy Water.
– The Chalice will not be shared with the Ministers of the Eucharist during this period.
– Please wash or sanitise your hands frequently.
– When you cough or sneeze, please cover your mouth and nose with a clean tissue and dispose of it in a bin and wash your hands.
– Depending on how the situation develops, further recommendations may need to be implemented if necessary in the days and weeks ahead.